The Hartford Land Bank identifies and acquires vacant, abandoned, tax-delinquent and/or distressed properties in the City of Hartford, Connecticut, to steward their rehabilitation and return to productive community assets. Hartford Land Bank, Inc. is a non-profit corporation.
Important information regarding the Open House
and Bidding Process:
HLB properties that are listed “For Sale” may be visited by Potential Bidders ONLY during the scheduled Open Houses. Open House dates and times are posted on our social media (see links at the bottom of this page) and distributed via our newsletter.
- Due to HLB’s limited staff capacity and to ensure everyone’s time is being used effectively, if no Potential Bidders show up within the first 30 minutes of a scheduled Open House, the Open House is effectively canceled, and HLB staff will close up the property and depart. The Open House will not be rescheduled.
- All Open House attendees must complete the HLB Waiver prior to entering any HLB property: Click here to access the Waiver.
- All Open House attendees MUST provide their OWN:
- Notepad and pen.
- Measuring tape.
- Boots. Absolutely NO open-toed shoes, sandals, flip-flops, etc. Please see the Open House Waiver form for more safety information.
- Potential Bidders may visit HLB vacant lots at their convenience.
- Once a Potential Bidder has inspected a property, they can go online to complete the RFP. RFPs are linked on the individual property’s page.
Click here for a full list of Hartford Land Bank properties, with information on each parcel, including definitions of each “HLB Status/Phase“.